Sunday 6 January 2019

Birthday Reflection: Man on a Journey

Birthday, A time for reflection into the past and present.

My favourite birthday has always been my 5th Birthday until my 21st Birthday. On my 5th Birthday, my mother organised a Birthday party for me, all the Children in the neighbourhood attended and most importantly it was the first time someone(our age group) had organised a birthday party. I felt special from that day and it is the reason I am always special. A birthday party In a middle class community in Nsawam 18 years ago created an impression on me.

21, this is now my best Birthday celebration yet. My sister organised a small drinkup, we invited some close "new friends" we've got since we were new Mampong. I Introduced the idea of Hope Journey to people outside my family for the first time, this was supposed to be an event but now Hope Journey is The Hope Journey.

Reflection.

Education, recent years have thought me a lot about school and God's plan.

My path towards higher educational has been interesting; I started school in Nana Osae Djan in Nsawam where I got to meet the best friends I have in life now, they're considered family to me because of so many reasons; the love we show, kindness and caring we are towards each other.

I was lucky,  I attended the Best Senior High school as at the time we were selecting our Senior High Schools; I got admission to the Presec. This had a great impression on me, most teachers in my Junior High School thought I wouldn't get and I didn't deserve it but I still managed to get it. I learnt one major lesson; Everything is possible just believe in yourself. My Senior High School  Friends were mostly people who were intellectuals and they were not spiritual, I lost most of them when I became a staunch Christian.

After Presec I naively selected a less popular university college in a form of an institute due to the gains, I could do any course I love and I was on Scholarship. At Data Link, I proved  to be more intellectual than most of the course mates, people hated me because of that but others loved me because of that too, I formed my first company in College; umusiconline, a music streaming website which was way before its time, a creative hub called Iredylabs and Hope Journey, although I got a degree in college I think that's not why I went to university, I actually found my life's purpose in College. I discovered what I loved most and what I could do to impact on lives; but university thought me a lot of painful lessons( I am still writing an article on this).

The entrepreneur, I love Business. I love creating things. I love making impact. All my life I have always wanted to create something giant, something people can point to and something great. My mum introduced me to selling when I was young, we had a table top stall where we sell gari and yam back then in Nsawam, I loved telling people about why they should buy the types of yam and the gari when they approached I didn't know that was marketing back then but I have carried it along with me till today. I now create brand identities and sell brands online.

I created my first company in Presec, Kwansa house. Gic, this was supposed to sell for people who were shy or felt lazy to move from one room to the other to sell something so we sold on their behalf. I moved from  room to room in the boarding house to sell school paraphernalia, food stuff, stationery and other items. I learnt real salesmanship during this experience.

Umusiconline, I love music, we had friends who were upcoming musicians and could not hype their music so my  long time childhood friend, Ebo and I created undatrax during our time after the wassce, I learnt a lot about music distribution during this period, I met some now popular musicians during this period, Kwesi Arthur, Jay Yeyo and Wisa,etc. With the undatrax experience my college friends and I decided to publish a class presentation which was supposed to be an itunes with streaming capabilities, called undatrax shop.

Osei and I created a new brand called Umusiconline we had 50 musicians on it, sold over 500 songs and we had challenges with storage so we had to get investors. We ended up selling majority shares of Umusiconline and we closed it down in 2017 after I became a more staunch Christian. I felt Umusiconline promotes ungodly music.

I learnt real business life at Umusiconline, how an Internet company should run and what makes a Startup, a company. It was a crazy venture,  I skipped lectures and traded my school fees with the dream and I almost didn't graduate!  But it was worth it, I carried the lessons learnt from Umusiconline to iRedylabs and Hope Journey and through that God has made Hope Journey great in just 2 years.

Christ and Hope Journey.

Hope Journey is my testimony and a 'thank you' to God for saving me. I was born into the Church but I wasn't a Christian. In 2011, I was just a Church boy going to church because on Sundays you've to go to Church. It was at that time I decided not to go to Church again because I wasn't staying with my parents since we've been transferred from Nsawam to Adukrom and due to my education I had to be in Nsawam until I complete my Junior High  before I join the family in Adukrom. I didn't know the meaning of what I was doing.

At Presec, I got confused about Christianity, people made it scary and something it wasn't they made it look like waste of everyone's time, the more intellectuals didn't want to get involved because of how they treated it.

Later on before  university I experimented  with other religious beliefs until I realised the true way, Christ. Jesus is the only way, I accepted Christ properly in 2014 and I have decided to pick up the cross and follow him (my confirmation text). I learnt one thing after the first Hope Journey, that is the sweet fellowship in interdenominational gathering. You get to do more if you're from different churches since we are binded by Christ's Love and not bound to doctrines. 

Hope Journey is the focus of my Adult life, I wish to do more great things for God. I wish to Make poor people smile, I want to leave a great legacy and I want the best place in Heaven. God is Real, Jesus is not a folklore. Belive in Him that's the only way. Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment