Wednesday 14 February 2018

Story Board: day of failed deals

This is the first post for story board. And story is just a state of mind towards the evangelism programme bible distribution in July. The whole behind the scene story. And something like a personal diary. I actually don't know what it is.

Day of failed deals:
I feel like it was a bad day went to work (pitch media) to meet a schedule of 12 difficult designs, opened my WhatsApp to meet messages from clients who have their website down and finally a message from the bank relating to a bounced cheque.

And I was like really its just 9am and its this how the day will go?

I said a short prayer and asked God for guidance. And I started making calls most of the replies were not favorable and some of my clients were giving me supper normal pressure.

Things were getting worse, I didn't know how to fix them.

I then saw a message from Willy (Ebo) that when I am less busy I should call. I any call from him means we need to innovate. I am tight now and I have to do God's work. And how do I do it well when my mind is filled a lot to fix?

So this is a background story to  this today's main issue how to deal with a bad day.

1. Remember God’s presence.
"My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest." (Exodus 33:14 )
Even after a trying day, God will quiet your soul as you remember His presence and intentionally seek to enter into it. Remember He’s with you. Invite Him to make Himself present to you.
2. Respond to Him with thanks.
“Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me.” (Psalm 50:23 )
Giving thanks gives God glory and helps us look on the bright side of a bad day. What small blessings can you thank God for?
3. Reflect on how God showed Himself to you.
“For God does speak--now one way, now another-- though no one perceives it…” (Job 33:14 )
God reveals himself through scripture, but we also see glimpses of him in nature, events, and people. Sometimes He shows up loudly through miraculous, divine intervention. Other times He shows Himself quietly through the beauty of a flower or an earnest conversation. During my bad travel day, God showed me His mercy through the kindness of an airline attendant. As you look back over your day, can you identify moments where you sensed God’s revelation or intervention?
4. Repent of your failings.
“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19 )
I don’t like recognizing my own sin, but repentance is key to continual renewal in our relationship with God. We fail God every day, but bad days have a way of making sin spew out of us. We vent our frustrations. We fret and worry instead of trusting. We open the door to addiction. In the heat of a difficult moment, we react in anger. (You should have heard my husband and I bickering as we went through our suitcases at the airport.)
As you reflect on your day, remember specific points where you failed. Bring your shortcomings before God and ask Him to forgive you.
5. Resolve to grow.
“He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6 )
God is in the business of changing us, so don’t let your failings discourage or define you. His mercies are always new. Accept His forgiveness. Ask Him for grace to change. Is there anything you need to make right or anyone you need to apologize to? What can you do differently tomorrow?
Bad days don’t have to undo us.
We can make even a bad day better when we look for glimpses of God and ways to grow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment