Friday 18 August 2017

The Hope Journey: An Example of dream works only if we make the effort

The hope journey is dream project come true. I actually thought it might fail, the hope journey wouldn't see light but by dint of hard work and the great team work by the the hope journey family it was a success. 

The Beginning: 

A young man with a dream was putting his bed room in place and he got the idea of sharing his  clothes with the needy. He told his younger brother, Owusu-Acheampong and he gave him more ideas like adding sharing of bibles to it. Later that day he called his friend,  Okine Ebenezer discussed it with him and he actually lauded the idea and gave his insights into the project. 

The following day was his birthday, 6/1/17. There was a small drinkup at the mission house in Mampong Akuapem  he made the idea known and the friends who came to the party were excited about the idea, they agreed and the event got its basics. 

They had most of their meetings online (WHATSAPP) and that summer(july) the journey was made.

The Spirit of giving:
The lord blessed us with the spirit of giving the event got funded from our personal pockets with the help of friends and family.  Our main patron was Mr. S.K Ampofo. 

Childhood friends:
I always consider nsawam as a hometown,   not because I was born in nsawam, not because I like writing about the place but the love the place and her people keep showing me. I started schooling in nsawam met great people like Ebo Wilson, Boateng Asiedu, Joel Sanco, Eugenia Larbi and Michael Atiemo at Nana Osae Djan School. These are people I no longer consider as friends but family.  They always got my back since childhood times; from getting roll call numbers for me to paying my excursion fee to borrowing me kalypo when I had an empty box in high school, Presec legon...lol When the dream got to a point where I almost gave up, these peeps kept calling me on phone and when it was time to go for the journey,  they brought their van, donated stuff and they were like the main engine of the event. It was phenomenal and great in a way science can not capture. 

New friends, Now family.
We just got posted to Mampong-Akuapem, due to my dad's job. I met great people here at Mampong-Akuapem at the early days. Eben Okine, The best organiser I have known yet. Yaw Boateng-Danso and Sem Boateng-Danso they are  brothers to me their since daddy is also a clergy man so we share most sentiments together,  Esinam and Rachel are sister's friends but they're now but of the family now.  They contributed emercily to the hope journey. 

The challenges;
Starting something look easy until you try doing.  I felt soliciting for funds and items for charity should be easy but hey I think it's the most difficult thing I have ever embarked on.  Too difficult than starting a company or having a startup. With the strength of the Lord we made it.

The way forward:
The people who are crazy enough to think they change the world are the ones who do. We will change the world one day I don't know how but I feel we will make something great in the world.  Hope Journey will make an impact.  

Think differently,  Change the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment